Volunteers are ESSENTIAL to the success of the Parade!
There are many ways to get involved with Vet Events Tally! Volunteering with VET is fun and is one way our community can give something back to those who have given so much in service to our country. 2015 is going to be a busy year! Every year, we ask for community support and volunteers for the Parade, VetFest (including the 5K run) and Salute to Veterans Poker Run.
Whether you want to volunteer year-round or for one of our many events and activities, we have an opportunity that will fit into your schedule! Opportunities include:
- Fundraising: Vet Events Tally is a private non-profit that relies on private and corporate contributions in order to fund and produce the many events we support throughout the year. Although we receive a small grant each year from the County and in-kind services from both the City and the County, neither are enough to cover even a small percentage of the total cost of the Parade. Whether you have fundraising experience or are willing to learn, come help us ensure that the Parade is on solid financial footing. While most volunteer opportunities with VET can be done on an occasional basis, fundraising is a year-round activity that does require a time and effort commitment. VOLUNTEER NOW!
- North Florida Fair: VET is the sponsor the Children’s Petting Zoo at the Fair. Volunteers are needed to work 5 hour shifts in the evenings on weekdays and both morning and evenings on weekends. VOLUNTEER NOW!
- Vetfest 5K and 1 mile Fun Run: This is a great opportunity to be involved with our most popular event! Volunteers are needed to set course markers and chalk lines the day before the race. The day of the race we need corner workers, race support and volunteers to help pick up the course markers/signage at the end of the race. These positions are approximately 2 or 3 hour shifts. VOLUNTEER NOW!
- Festival Volunteers: Be a part of VetFest! Set-up help is needed for 2-3 hours on Parade morning and 3 hours Parade afternoon to help us break down and leave the Park neat and clean! VOLUNTEER NOW!
- Parade Volunteers: Route walkers hand out small flags and Parade Programs, beginning about 2 hours prior to the start of the Parade. VOLUNTEER NOW!